I hope that you all had the most glorious of Christmases and are looking forward to the New Year!
Today I’ve got a makeup look for you which is perfect for parties and any other festivities you may still have left before we see the new year in. It’s geared towards a glowing look with a warm eye and bold red lip.
The star of the show is definitely the NYX eyeshadow palette in Warm Neutrals which is just the most versatile palette for any occasion! It’s so reasonably priced and really delivers on quality.
To make this post nice and short I’m going to just list the products I used to achieve this look. I’ll add in a few hints where I can though! If you need any more help just leave me a comment down below.
For my base:
- Charlotte Tilbury’s Wonder Glow Primer
- Charlotte Tilbury’s Magic Foundation in shade 3- a nice full coverage and moisturising formula!
- Glossier Stretch Concealer in shade 1- best applied with your fingers!
- Mac Mineralize Skinfinsh Natural in Medium- gives the most glowing radiance whilst also setting your makeup.
- Soap and Glory Brow Archery brow pencil in Brownie Points.
- Glossier Boy Brow in Brown- be light-handed when applying this!
- Glossier Haloscope highlighter in Quartz- best applied with fingers. I also pop some of this in my inner corners to make my eyes look brighter.
Then for the colourful additions:
- Charlotte Tilbury’s Cheek to Chic blush in First Love
- NYX eyeshadow palette in Warm Neutrals USP03- for this look I used the second from the left (a pearly colour for the base), the last colour on the third row as my transition shade, the second on the third row for definition and the gold colour which is first on the third row for the centre of my eyelids. Top Tip: take the darkest crease colour under the eye too for a lovely smokey look.
- Tanya Burr’s Selfie Lash Mascara- this gives quite a natural look to the lashes but can be built up!
- Kat Von D Tattoo liner- the best eyeliner ever!
- I did also apply some false lashes but I only use 3/4 length ones because my eyes don’t seem to get on with a full strip lash! My favourite are the Fleur de Force for Eyelure ones.
- Lips: in the photo I’m wearing Smashbox’s Always On liquid lipstick in Disorderly. I’d also really recommend NYX’s Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo for a brighter red that isn’t so deep as the Smashbox one.
So that’s my recommended look for a special occasion/ event that you might be going to for New Year!
I hope you all have a lovely night whatever you get up to! I’m looking forward to seeing what 2018 brings!
So I shall see you next year. Lots of festive wishes and a prosperous new year to you all!
A Little Disclaimer- This is not a sponsored post. All products/items featured have been purchased with my own money or have been gifts from friends and family. I am not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned or the links to websites that may have been provided. All opinions are entirely my own and honest, I am not being paid to advertise these products. All pictures on this post have been taken by yours truly and, as such, must be approved by the author for any further or commercial use.